Tuesday, May 18, 2010

3d Modelling















It's been a while since the previous post.
I've been busy taking a closer look into the world of 3d modelling and animation.

This is my first ready project. It's a futuristic, desingish surveillence bot.
It took a while to understand the modelling techniques. The materials are very simple. I used Mental Ray standard materials on the non-reflective and A&D on the reflective surfaces. There was no need for UVW unwrapping or mapping. The scene is lighted with three white photometric lights using raytraced shadows and three omni lights in shades of blue and yellow using area shadow. I included a specular and an ambient occlusion pass to the render.

I'm still in process of animating but a video clip should come out shortly.

I'll propably be posting somekind of a medley of the bi-products produced over this period...

No comments: